If only humans could get away with hibernating for the winter. How glorious would it be to wear your dressing gown until January, light some candles and make yourself a nest on the sofa with a cup of tea and a really good book?
Brighton-based publisher Myriad Editions got in touch just before I went on holiday to ask if I’d like to review The Busker*, the second novel by Scottish Book Awards nominee Liam Murray Bell. The book is “a modern-day ballad set across three cities and two years” about a young wannabe protest singer, the empty promise of fame and what’s left when everything falls apart. You’d think I couldn’t have received it at a better time – but I spent most of my trip in the company of Donna Tartt’s latest albatross, and only started The Busker yesterday. Its opening chapter is bleak as hell, but shot through with black humour. I have high hopes.
I’m actually reading a digital copy of the book because I’d have this idea that I’d give the paperback away to one of you guys when I posted a review. But the nights are dark and the weather is crap, so in the spirit of blissful hibernation I’ve decided I’m going to do it now and also throw in a few seasonal treats for you to enjoy with the book.
So what could you win?
– a copy of The Busker by Liam Murray Bell*, courtesy of Myriad Editions;
– the CD album of An Unwavering Band of Light by Jenny Owen Youngs (Rab from the book’s spiritual sibling, plus the copy I purchased for my last giveaway arrived late so it was clearly meant to be);
– an 100ml bottle of Aïny “Un Songe d’Or” beauty oil for face, body and hair;
– three Flamingo Candles wax scent melts (Applecurrant Crumble, Pink Lemonade and Parma Violet scents);
– two Bluebird Tea Company loose leaf tea samples (Spiced Pumpkin Pie and Nearly Nirvana, each makes enough for one cup).
To enter, just fill out the below Rafflecopter widget at some point before 11:59pm on Friday, 4th December.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Giveaway open worldwide – however, I’ve not checked international shipping requirements so prize may vary from that shown
– One winner will be chosen at random via the Rafflecopter widget below
– Entrants under 18 must seek parental permission before entering
– Once drawn, the winner will be contacted via the email provided and have 28 days to respond. After this date, another winner will be drawn
– All entries will be moderated and duplicate, false or incomplete entries will be deleted
– The giveaway will run from 27.11.15 to 4.12.15
PS If you like the look of Bluebird Tea Company, check back next week for a preview of some of their festive blends as part of a special week of Christmas-themed posts!