In lieu of pithy commentary, I’m posting this photo because I really, really like it.
And such. It’s been a busy weekend: I suppose the big news is that I dropped a couple of hundred pounds on some transatlantic flights!! September 2009: Lissie Does Dixie (and Philadelphia, and Cincinnati… assuming I ever learn how to spell the latter). Excited doesn’t even begin to cover it.
Actually, that’s not even the big news, but it’s all I’m really willing to divulge just now. Make of that what you will, but let’s just say I need a lot of luck, and a lot of love. I had a pretty long and fairly complicated task list this weekend, but I seem to be rattling through it. And yes, your first mix CD of 2009 was right up there!
Always Kinda Sorta Wished I Looked Like Elvis: last month’s mix, January 2009
1. Bon Iver: Blood Bank
2. Matthew Ryan: Trouble Doll
3. The Rolling Stones: Not Fade Away
4. Flogging Molly: Drunken Lullabies
5. The Gaslight Anthem: High Lonesome
6. Jim Bryson: Flowers
7. Elliott Smith: Miss Misery [early version] 8. Bruce Springsteen: The Wrestler
9. Kristin Hersh: Home
10. DGeneration: Capital Offender
11. Uncle Tupelo: We’ve Been Had
12. Lambchop: National Talk Like A Pirate Day
13. Leonard Cohen: The Window [live] 14. Jaymay: Sea Green, See Blue
15. Lisa Mitchell: Slow
16. Marah: Streets of Philadelphia
[ZIPPED MP3s, LEFT CLICK AND SAVE]
Monthly most played after the jump, in which I wish I’d reset my play counts at the start of the year because I’m sick of the sight of The Hold Steady.
Monthly Most Played as of January 2009:
1. The Hold Steady, “Sequestered in Memphis” [=] 2. The Hold Steady, “Lord, I’m Discouraged” [=] 3. Marah, “Walt Whitman Bridge”  4. The Hold Steady, “Constructive Summer”  5= The Hold Steady, “Magazines”  5= Matthew Ryan, “Dulce Et Decorum Est” [=] 5= Steve Earle, “The Galway Girl”  8= The Hold Steady, “Yeah Sapphire” [RE] 8= The Hold Steady, “Both Crosses” [RE] 8= Matthew Ryan, “American Dirt” [NE] 8= The National, “Thirsty”